Churches of Christ- Africa Directory Terms
Before you sign up on Churches of Christ-Africa Directory (COCAD), you must carefully read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your access to and use of COCAD services on our website and any information, text, graphics, photos or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (collectively referred to as “Content”). Your access to and use of the services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms.
By accessing or using our services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. These terms may change from time to time without notice and you should consult the terms each time you use the site(s) in order to view the most current terms. Wherever the name COCAD is mentioned in relation to any terms in this entire document it also refers to Churches of Christ-Africa Directory. This document covers all our web platforms.
All references to the Terms mean the current version of the terms at the time of your use. You will be provided a link to any additional element of the terms; in each such situation and any such additional element shall apply to your use of such additional services.
These terms apply regardless of your status during use of COCAD platforms. The terms and related documents detail how we treat any information, data, materials, media or other items that you provide to the site(s) (your “Content”). Please read this document carefully before adding any of your Content to the site(s
- COCAD respects the privacy rights of its users and we appeal to our users and content partners to act in the same manner. Unauthorized posting, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of private information and copyrighted works on our platforms constitutes infringement of the privacy rights of users and copyright owner’s rights of COCAD.
- As a condition of your use of COCAD, you agree not to use any of our sites to infringe on the privacy rights of others in any way. We will close your account of if you infringe on our regulations, privacy and copyrights of our sites. We have the right to take actions against any user who fail to comply with this caution any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, and without any liability to the User whose account is terminated.
- You agree that you are submitting your personal and church information on COCAD under no duress and that you warrant that none of your information contains any confidential information, and that all of your information is non-confidential and publicly available. We may be required to inspect your personal information on the site(s) to confirm compliance with the terms and regulations, which will not constitute monitoring of your information.
- You warrant that your information/content is true and accurate.
- If you create a directory account for your church you agree to pay a minimal yearly fee of about (GHC120/ US$20) to support the maintenance and management of the directory. Note that the maintenance fee is subject to review. You agree that should you fail to pay to renew your account, we have the right to terminate your account. The first year is free, no maintenance fees.
- You warrant that your information/content complies with applicable laws in your country.
- You warrant that you are a baptized member of Church of Christ and your church practices the New Testament doctrine and beliefs; that your church believes and observes the partaking of the Lord’s Supper weekly on Sundays; that women in the your church are not given authority to lead worship activities, that your church does not play instrumentals and dance during worship, that your church does not practice tongues-speaking, that your church does not collect tithe, that your church does not celebrate Christmas and Easter and other man-made teachings which are contrary to the new testament doctrine as taught and practiced by the Apostles of Christ and the early Christians in the New Testament.
- You agree that if the beliefs and practices of your local church are contrary to all the above and that if your congregation does not meet all the above descriptions in number 8, we have the right to terminate your account without notice.
We reserve the right to withdraw or suspend access to our platforms without notice. We reserve the right to amend the services on the site and/or change the site without notice. We will try to keep our services reliable, but we will not be responsible or liable if access to our site is not available at any time. Anything on our site may be incorrect or not updated. We are not obliged to update the site. Any of your information/content on the site is submitted in accordance with the terms as part of your use of the site. You agree that all of your information/content will comply with the terms and conditions. The site does not replace professional advice in any way.
COCAD users may share links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that our sites are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites do not imply any endorsement by COCAD of such resources or the content, products, or services available on such websites. You accept sole responsibility for and assume all risks for using any such websites.
If you choose to use the site on a mobile network, you will be charged your mobile operator’s fees for all mobile services, such as text messaging and data transfer. You agree that you are providing us with all rights necessary to contact third parties if you provide any contact information for that third party and you wish us to contact that third party concerning the site(s) or services available on our site(s).
- You will not place any unauthorized commercial Content on the site(s) without contacting our client Service for approval.
- You will not upload viruses, malicious code or attempt to attack or degrade the site(s) in any way.
- You will not use the site to do anything unlawful, defamatory, obscene, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- You will not access the site, solicit data or otherwise collect other users’ information in any automated fashion, including bots, spiders or scrapers.
- You will not encourage or help anyone else to do anything not permitted on the site(s).
- Your information/content will not contain any sexually explicit or pornographic material. We do not review your information/content or any other content posted to the site, but may in the case of a violation of these terms take any action, including removing any of your information/content from the site when we become aware of it being in violation of our terms.
- You will not post hate,abusive and divisive comments on the platform as individual or congregation.
- We protect the data of our users; however we do not give or pull out user(s) data in any form or format for the user/client in the event that the user/client decides to close/stop using their COCAD account.
Every information/content on our site(s) is without any guarantees, warranties or conditions as to its accuracy, unless it is associated with the service that provides specific terms and conditions which will be provided for you. We cannot be held liable for: all conditions, warranties and other terms which otherwise might be implied by statute, common law as well as any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss incurred by the user in relation to the use of our site(s) or in connection with the use, inability to use the site(s), ability to access ones’ information/ content, inability to access ones’ content, accuracy of information/content on our site(s) or any websites linked to it.
You are responsible for any service(s) you contract with another person other than us. You are responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, however it may arise and whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or otherwise. You must at all times seek professional advice before using any services on the site(s).
You will not sell anything, copy or modify anything on our site(s) without our permission. If any provision of the terms is found to be invalid the terms shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that these terms and any documents referred to in the terms are the entire agreement between you and us.
By signing up on COCAD and providing any attachment of your personal data, you are certifying that:
- You have provided true, complete, accurate information in your registration.
- You are eligible to sign up on COCAD
- By submitting your Church information details or your personal data, you confirm that you will comply with the terms and conditions of COCAD
Click Communications Limited (CCL) developers of COCAD is a company owned and ran by a group of baptized Church of Christ members in Ghana, West Africa. We are fully aware of your legitimate concerns about privacy and is highly committed to protecting and maintaining the integrity, confidentiality, security, and accuracy of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and best industry practices. CCL is registered and certified by the Data Protection Commission of Ghana.
- Because privacy concerns, legal and business requirements evolve continually, COCAD may from time to time change its Policy without giving you notice ahead of time and as such you are advised to check with our policy regularly.
- By using the COCAD site and providing us with your Personal Information, you agree that COCAD can use your information in accordance with privacy laws and our Policy. In respect of this Policy, “Personal Information” refers to any information about identifiable individual information recorded on COCAD site.
Our Policy hinges on these guiding principles:
- COCAD collects Personal and Church Information only in relation to its operating services in order to help identify the user:
- Personal Information such as your name, telephone number, personal address, date of birth, gender, citizenship, identification information, password etc helps us to identify the user and to tailor the right services that will be beneficial to the user.
- Users’ Personal Information helps us to communicate with the user and respond adequately and promptly to their concerns about applications, accounts, and online services among others.
- When you indicate your consent to subscribe to COCAD services, we may, from time to time, use your email and phone number to send you information concerning COCAD programs and services.
- Your Consent can be expressed in writing or electronically; and can be implied through your action or inaction. In some circumstances, COCAD may gather, use or disclose your Personal Information without your Consent for legal or security reasons, or when it is impossible to obtain your Consent in cases contemplated by applicable privacy legislation which may include compliance with applicable laws or court orders, the protection of the public interest, COCAD’s rights, fraud detection and prevention among others.
- You can withdraw your Consent at any time, provided COCAD is given reasonable notice and there are no legal or contractual requirements preventing this.
- COCAD will NOT, without your express Consent, collect, use, or disclose Personal Information except for the purposes identified or for use consistent with applicable law. With your Consent, COCAD may obtain Personal Information from third parties.
- COCAD may make available Personal Information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process Personal Information, authorize and process payments, Send SMS/email or host our website. Personal Information may be stored and processed outside Ghana, by our third-party service providers. Our service providers are not authorized to use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- COCAD is responsible to legal and business requirements in dealing with document retention, including electronic documents such as emails, phone numbers etc. COCAD will preserve the Personal Information for such periods of time as required by applicable laws and regulations and as deemed necessary for the purposes. In keeping with legal requirements and guidelines, COCAD will dispose of Personal Information after such period of time.
- In accordance with legal requirements, COCAD will respect users’ right of access to their Personal Information by informing them of the procedures and requirements for responding to their request for access. COCAD will give you access to update your personal information at no cost.
- COCAD will respond to privacy concerns and investigate diligently any complaints with respect to your Personal Information.
- COCAD obligations and your rights concerning privacy are governed by applicable privacy legislation. Click Communication Limited is registered with the Data Protection Commission of Ghana and therefore application and interpretation of this Policy and of our guiding privacy principles are subject to and will comply with such legislation.
Persistent cookies are written or stored on your hard drive until the expiry date. COCAD’s persistent cookies are used to retain information that you provided so that our website can be personalized accordingly. The cookies used by COCAD are designed so they do not reveal any Personal Information.
COCAD uses software to monitor traffic to our sites and to identify unauthorized attempts to change information, upload or cause damage. The software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of all computers that visit the site, including date and time of visits, pages viewed and downloaded aimed at identifying if it is a registered user accessing restricted areas on the site. The software captures information such as the type of browser and operating system used. COCAD does not in any way attempt to link the IP addresses and the identifiers with the users visiting this site unless there is an attempt to damage the site. We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to keep your internet connection and any sensitive data you are sending or entering on our sites are secured; preventing criminals from reading and modifying any information being transferred, including potential personal information.
We are ready to answer all your questions or respond to concerns regarding this Policy. For any additional information about the management of your Personal Information with COCAD contact us by email or phone.
You can file a privacy complaint concerning the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and disposal of or access to Personal Information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call +233 (0)550093003.+233206007255.